TAKE ADVANTAGE OF FREE SERVICES, FINANCIAL INCENTIVES, CUSTOMIZED TRAINING SUPPORTS, FUNDING, AND SPECIALIZED PROGRAMS TO HELP RECRUIT, HIRE AND TRAIN EMPLOYEES FOR YOUR BUSINESS, NOT-FOR-PROFIT OR PUBLIC-SECTOR ORGANIZATION.
FREE EMPLOYER SERVICES
- Aid in determining staffing needs
- Assessment of recruitment methods
- Custom-tailored applicant screening tools
- Job postings to reach all available candidates
- Space provided for job fairs and onsite interviewing
- New hire initial training and employment support
- Access to training for current staff or new employees
- Access to clients with various skills and experience
JOB MATCHING, PLACEMENT AND INCENTIVES
Sault Community Career Centre can provide financial incentives to qualifying employers to provide on-the-job training, including apprenticeship training, work experience opportunities and employability and skill level assessments for participants in job trial placements.
We can monitor and support each placement to facilitate their success and provide mentoring and coaching support during and after the employment placement.
CANADA-ONTARIO JOB GRANT
The Canada-Ontario Job Grant (COJG) provides opportunities for employers, individually or in groups, to invest in their workforce, with help from the government. It provides direct financial support to individual employers or employer consortia who wish to purchase training for their employees. It is available to small, medium and large businesses with a plan to deliver short-term training to existing and new employees. Important to know:
- Employers can get up to $10,000 in government support per person for training costs.
- The training has to be delivered by an eligible, third-party trainer.
- Starting April 1, 2018, the government will improve COJG support for small businesses with less than 100 employees by decreasing their contribution requirement to 1/6 of training costs, and by removing their in-kind contribution requirement. Employers with 100 or more employees will be able to access COJG support with a contribution requirement of 1/2 of the training costs.
- For employer groups who want to apply for training supports the government offers a COJG Consortium Stream. The Consortium Stream allows a group of employers (more than 2 employers) to pool their resources to support common training objectives and goals. To apply as a consortium, the intermediary organization needs to ensure all the participating employers and trainees meet COJG requirements and are able to make their required contribution towards the training cost.
- After April 1, the intermediary organization will be paid 15% of the approved COJG ministry contribution to cover the administrative cost related to the completion of the consortium application.
If you’re an employer with a particular skills demand, the Canada-Ontario Job Grant might be right for you. Applications are accepted on an ongoing basis. Contact us today to learn more.
New Employee Settlement Support (NESS)
Are you an employer looking to hire internationally-trained talent?
Sault Community Career Centre offers employers customized settlement services for their internationally-trained employees. We provide your new employee and their family with the support and resources needed to relocate successfully to Sault Ste. Marie.
We offer assistance and support with the following:
- Banking and personal finances
- Community orientation
- Education and training
For more information, please contact Siara Anjum – Newcomer Program Lead. 705-759-0909 ext. 4232, email@example.com