We are seeking a candidate with a strong accounting and MS Office background to act as an accountant for our 2 hotels, the Quality Inn & Suites Bay Front and the Fairfield by Marriott Sault Ste Marie.
Accountant responsibilities and duties:
- Reviewing and posting of daily front desk transactions into QuickBooks
- Accounts payable duties including matching of purchase orders to invoices, posting invoices to Quickbooks, preparing cheques and submitting those along with invoices to management for signature, mailing out signed cheques. Handling queries from suppliers.
- Human Resource duties include obtaining new employee information. Registering new employees into the payroll systems. Maintaining the Company Benefit plan online by entering qualified employees into the online plan with our insurer. Keeping track of vacation pay paid for each employee.
- Payroll duties including reviewing & processing timesheet entries into spreadsheets for input into online payroll system. Inputting & balancing online payroll before final submission for payment. Submitting payroll for payment. Printing paystubs for employees. Preparing Records of Employment when required. Entering final payroll summaries into QuickBooks. Preparing accrued payroll journal entry at month-end. Preparing WSIB & EHT reports & remittances.
- Accounts receivable duties include the posting of customer payments to accounts. Reviewing customer accounts receivable. Preparing rental invoices for building and sundry rental customers. Answering customer queries when necessary.
- Preparation of bank deposits.
- Timely business statistics such as daily stay and revenue totals are to be provided to management multiple times per week.
- Preparation of monthly bank and credit card reconciliations.
- Preparation of monthly financial statements for each hotel.
- Any other duties as may be assigned.
- 3+ years accounting experience or related education
- Expertise with QuickBooks
- Comfortable with Microsoft Word.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel is required as most duties will require spreadsheet creation and manipulation
- Excellent organizational, problem-solving, project management and communication skills
HOW TO APPLY
Applicant should be resident in Canada and legally able to work in Canada. Please apply online to firstname.lastname@example.org with salary expectations.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com