Accounts Payable Clerk – Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario
Lallemand Inc. is a privately owned Canadian company that was founded in the late 19th century. Our focus is on the development, production and marketing of yeast, bacteria and products associated therewith, contributing through these products and efforts to the improved control of fermentation processes found mostly, although not exclusively, in food and agriculture. The company is comprised of 12 business units each engaged in specific applications of yeast and bacteria including worldwide operations, management and administration. The corporate offices of Lallemand Inc. are located in Montreal, Quebec, Canada. Today, Lallemand employs over 4,300 individuals that work in more than 45 countries on 5 continents.
Yeasts, bacteria, fungi: micro-organisms have accompanied plants since their origin and are now recognized for their multiple agronomic benefits. As a global specialist in micro-organisms, Lallemand Plant Care selects strains of interest for agricultural use in order to improve the nutrition, health and productivity of plants. Joining Lallemand Plant Care is about being part of a team that works passionately to develop efficient, cost-effective and healthy solutions for professionals in agriculture, green spaces and forestry. We regularly recruit new talent from around the world for our commercial, accounting, logistics, marketing, production and R&D departments.
Lallemand is looking for a highly motivated and talented Accounts Payable Clerk for a full-time position. Reporting to the Controller, the Accounts Payable Clerk provides support across the company by fulfilling various accounting duties as required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Control expenses by receiving, processing and verifying vendor invoices
- Input vendor invoices into ERP system for approval
- Monitor discount opportunities, schedule and prepare cheques (cheque-runs)
- Verify corporate Visa reconciliations for accuracy and input into ERP system for approval
- Verify vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions
- Post customer payments by recording cheques and other forms of payment in multiple currencies
- Verify discounts and promotions on sales orders
- Maintain computer based and paper files
- Provide support to the Controller for various month-end tasks
- Other duties as required
- Graduate of a university or college program with a focus on accounting
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proficiency in MS Office; strong working knowledge of Excel required
- Excellent priority management, resourcefulness and ability to work with tight deadlines
- Experience in bookkeeping duties would be an asset
- Experience with multi-company organizations and manufacturing is an asset
- Fluency in French would be an asset
Location: Sault Ste. Marie, ON
Interested candidates may submit a resume and cover letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than February 7, 2020.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com