Organization: Ministry of Natural Resources and Forestry
Division: Aviation, Forest Fire and Emergency Services
City: Sault Ste Marie
Job Term: 1 Permanent
Job Code: 09OAD – Office Administration 09
Salary: $25.38 – $29.58 Per Hour*
Job ID: 165403
Are you a well-organized administrative professional who is driven to provide excellence in administrative and support services?
If so, please consider this opportunity in the office of the General Manager of Aviation Services, within the Ministry of Natural Resources and Forestry.
What can I expect to do in this role?
In this role, you will:
• provide a wide range of administrative, logistical, and human resource support services to the General Manager
• assist in the identification and coordination of responses to contentious issues
• provide group leadership and training to administrative staff in several office locations across the province
• monitor the section’s financial and human resources activities
How do I qualify?
Administrative Support Skills:
• You have experience providing a variety of administrative support services (e.g. scheduling, minute taking, records management, compiling information/ materials, etc.)
• You have human resources administration skills to assist with initiatives/activities
• You have experience with scheduling, arranging for meetings, and other support services such as record keeping, electronic file management, and correspondence procedures
• You have experience interpreting, applying and ensuring compliance with administrative policies and guidelines
• You have financial administration skills to coordinate the financial activities (e.g. budget administration, resource allocation, financial reporting, etc.)
• You are highly proficient using a variety of computer software including word processing, spreadsheet, database, presentation and email
Communication and Interpersonal Skills:
• You have strong judgement, tact and discretion to manage confidential and sensitive information
• You have proven written communication skills to independently compose and prepare correspondence, reports and other information products
• You have strong verbal communication and interpersonal skills to work tactfully and liaise with all levels of management and staff
Analytical and Problem Solving Skills:
• You have the ability to identify and prioritize issues for the attention of management or staff and addressing a number of issues concurrently
• You can review administrative policies and processes to identify gaps and opportunities for improvement
• You can analyze and summarizes information and ensure key points are identified
• You can make decisions concerning the release of information when responding to requests/inquiries Issues
• You have a high degree of initiative to independently handle matters requiring attention and the judgment skills to ensure matters are handled appropriately/timely
• You have demonstrated experience working with contentious, confidential and sensitive matters and the ability to proactively identify and correct problems
• You have highly developed skills and experience leading issues management functions (e.g. coordinating the timely development of briefing materials and responses, providing briefings to senior management, etc.)
Group Leadership Skills:
• You have experience providing group leadership, guidance and training to staff
• You can monitor and liaise with Human Resources partners to streamline processes and enhance service delivery within the unit
Additional Information Address:
• 1 Permanent, 475 Airport Rd, RR 2, Sault Ste Marie, North Region
Compensation Group: Ontario Public Service Employees
Union Category: Administrative and Support Services
Posted on: Tuesday, June 22, 2021
Note: • Effective, July 1st, 2021 the correct salary range for this position will be $25.63 to $29.88 per hour in compliance with OPSEU collective agreement provisions. C-NR-165403/21
How to apply:
1. You must apply online by visiting www.ontario.ca/careers. You must enter the job id number in the Job ID search field to locate the job ad.
2. Your cover letter and resume combined should not exceed five (5) pages. For tips and tools on how to write a concise cover letter and resume, review the Writing a Cover Letter and Resume: Tips, Tools and Resources.
3. Customize your cover letter and resume to the qualifications listed on the job ad. Using concrete examples, you must show how you demonstrated the requirements for this job. We rely on the information you provide to us.
4. Read the job description to make sure you understand this job.
5. OPS employees are required to quote their WIN EMPLOYEE ID number when applying.
6. If you require a disability related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please Contact Us to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours.
Please be advised that the results of this competition may be used to form an eligibility list of qualified candidates to potentially fill future vacancies represented by the Ontario Public Service Employees Union (OPSEU). In accordance with the Collective Agreement, eligibility lists are shared with OPSEU representatives. By applying to this competition, you are providing consent that your name may be shared with OPSEU representatives. All external applicants (including former employees of the Ontario Public Service) applying to a competition in a ministry or Commission public body must disclose (either in the cover letter or resume) previous employment with the Ontario Public Service. Disclosure must include positions held, dates of employment and any active restrictions as applicable from being rehired by the Ontario Public Service. Active restrictions can include time and/or ministry-specific restrictions currently in force, and may preclude a former employee from being offered a position with the Ontario Public Service for a specific time period (e.g. one year), or from being offered a position with a specific ministry (either for a pre-determined time period or indefinitely). The circumstances around an employee’s exit will be considered prior to an offer of employment.
Remember: The deadline to apply is Wednesday, July 7, 2021 11:59 pm EDT. Late applications will not be accepted. We thank you for your interest. Only those selected for further screening or an interview will be contacted. The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer. Accommodation is available under the Ontario Human Rights Code .