Position: Administrative Clerk (HR)
Salary: $20.26 – $25.02
Reports to: Director, Human Resources
Location: Sault Ste. Marie
Status: Temporary, Full Time
Reference #: ADM-0619-01
Posting Date: June 14, 2019
Closing Date: June 21, 2019 at 4pm
The Administrative Clerk, as a team member of the Administration Department, is to provide a comprehensive range of administrative activities in support of the development, implementation and delivery of agency administrative management programs and services.
This position is accountable for contributing as part of the Administration Department, to the well-being and growth of the organization, and for providing professional and administrative support to staff of Algoma Family Services.
- Knowledge required for this position is acquired through a combination of education (HR Certificate and Payroll Certificate) and progressive administrative/human resources/payroll experience working in fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Minimum of one year of recent experience working within a social service organization is required.
- Experience working in an Administrative capacity for a mid to large organization preferred.
- Working knowledge and understanding of an organization’s Administrative policies and procedures, related government’s legislative requirements (i.e. ESA, Canada Revenue, etc.) is required.
- Knowledge of employment and compensation systems, pay and benefits administration, policies/procedures, recruitment, staff orientation, and record maintenance
- Knowledge and application of Microsoft Office Suite, Human Resource Information Systems (HRIS), Dayforce, Microsoft Applications and other HR related software and web based applications is required.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills highly developed interpersonal skills, high levels of tact and diplomacy and excellent organizational skills.
- Requires good analytical skills to deal with and recommend resolution to a variety of human resources / payroll management issues.
- Ability to work in a highly professional multi-disciplinary team environment.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and use of a personal vehicle.
- Ability to effectively communicate in both official languages (English/French) is an asset.
Duties and Responsibilities; Please refer to attached job description
This position falls within the bargaining unit represented by the OPSEU.
Algoma Family Services (AFS) is dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live and serve. AFS encourages applications from all qualified individuals.
Applicants that may require accommodation during the selection process are encouraged to notify HR when contacted for an interview.
PLEASE SEND YOUR LETTER AND RESUME TO HUMAN RESOURCES QUOTING FILE ADM 0619-01
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com