Department: Region Distribution
Position Title: Associate Insurance Advisor I
Job Grade: 1
The Associate Insurance Advisor I is a key player in the support and development of the agency operation primarily through the sales and service of The Co-operators personal lines products (auto and home insurance) and may provide some basic support for additional product lines.
What you’re responsible for:
- Sales, service and profitable growth of personal lines insurance products.
- Advise and recommend coverages and policies that best meet client needs.
- Prospect and cross sell by identifying and recommending additional products/services that benefit the client.
- Complete front-line risk assessment and selection following underwriting guidelines.
- Identify which risks require inspections and re-inspections. May be required to complete inspections.
- Achieve individual goals for client service, sales, quality and productivity.
- Support programs to build multi-client relationships.
- Respond to client questions and concerns, resolve customer complaints and escalate issues appropriately.
What to expect:
- Strict confidentiality with respect to client’s financial status and other personal information.
- This role involves direct contact with clients and/or service providers in their environment.
- You may be required have your own vehicle, valid driver’s license and insurance.
- You will be subject to a Criminal Record and Consumer History background check as a condition of employment, in the event you are the successful candidate.
To be successful:
- You remain focused and optimistic in the pursuit of a goal, despite barriers, until the objective is achieved and effectively manage your time in the quest of client satisfaction.
- You leverage information about client’s needs and situations to qualify sales opportunities and exhibit strong communication skills that allow you to clearly convey messages.
- You are committed to continuous improvement and building productive client relationships in order to exceed client expectations.
- You’re an effective team player and provide guidance to support the development of your peers.
To join our team:
- One (1) year sales and service experience or related business experience is preferred.
- General Insurance License is required or must obtain within two (2) months.
- Meet all provincial-licensing requirements in accordance with continuing education in order to obtain and maintain all licenses.
- OTL licence is preferred.
- Knowledge of auto and property insurance products is an asset and experience with selling techniques is preferred.
How to apply:
Interested applicants are asked to submit their cover letter and resume either in-person to Sault Community Career Centre at 503 Queen St East, or via email to email@example.com. Please quote Job ID #6988.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org