The Automotive Detailer is primarily responsible for washing, cleaning, polishing and performing general upkeep on car interiors and exteriors to ensure they are clean and presentable for customers. This position will also provide general assistance at the dealership including, moving cars, assisting co-workers and assisting with the cleaning of the dealership lot.
- Analytical Thinking
- Detail Orientated and Precision
- Planning and Organizing
- Problem Solving
- Service Orientation
- Responsible for the detailing of interior and exterior of vehicles, for both company and customer vehicles, and recently purchased used vehicles.
- Perform general car detailing activities, including, vacuuming, shampooing, deodorizing, washing and waxing.
- Ensure the exterior of cars are clean and smudge free
- Clean and polish vehicle windows.
- Wash vehicle interiors including the upholstery, apply leather cleaning products, removing and cleaning floor mats. Apply stain guard.
- Apply polish to remove scraps.
- Clean and polish wheels and rims.
- Use cloths, squeegees, or air compressors to dry surfaces of vehicles.
- Mix cleaning solutions, abrasive compositions, or other compounds/solutions, according to formulas.
- Clean, remove, scrape and shovel snow from vehicles.
- Operate cleaning equipment, or machines.
- Use a variety of hand held tools to detail the interior and exterior of vehicles.
- Notify supervisor or appropriate technician when you notice parts of car that require repair or replacement.
- Perform other duties as required.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Experience in automotive sector including, washing and cleaning vehicles beneficial.
- Ontario “G” driver’s license with a clean driving record.
- Ability to drive automatic and standard vehicles beneficial.
- Experience working with cleaning products and cleaning tools including power washers beneficial.
- Must be dependable, reliable, possess a strong attention to detail and the ability to prioritize effectively.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Ability to work outside in all weather conditions.
- Ability to remain standing for long periods and to bending, twist, push, pull and carry equipment and supplies.
- Lifting or moving up to 50 lbs. may be required, including shoveling snow, carrying vehicle parts, and cleaning equipment/supplies.
- Manual dexterity required to operate cleaning equipment including power washers and hand tools.
How to Apply
Drop off resume to Kelly Harvey, Service Manager at Prouse Chevrolet 851 Great Northern Road, Sault Ste. Marie, ON