To provide Quality Care for children birth up to and including 12 years of age, in a safe nurturing environment that would stimulate and enrich their learning in the areas of social, emotional, cognitive and physical development through play and structured activities.
HOURS OF WORK
Monday – Friday, various hours between 7:30 AM and 5:30 PM
- Planning and implementing the program for children that co-ordinates with the policies and philosophies of the YMCA
- Ensure the program meets the needs of the individual with concerns of his interest, special talents, individual style and pace of learning.
- Consider the individual child and relationships to his culture and associate background.
- Treating each child with dignity and respect.
- Assisting each child with becoming more aware of his world as an integral member of a group.
- Assuming an equal share of joint housekeeping responsibilities of the staff. Provide feedback on health and safety issues.
- Planning and implementing methods of establishing a positive liaison with parents of the child and outside agencies.
- Provide quality care for children of various ages
COMPETENCIES AND QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
Candidates should possess the following competencies:
- Child and Youth Focused: Commits to assisting growth and development among children and youth.
- Tolerance for Ambiguity: Functions effectively in situations of less than perfect or incomplete information.
- Diversity: Appreciates that people with different opinions, backgrounds and characteristics bring richness to the YMCA.
- Teamwork: The ability to work effectively with others to achieve optimal collective results.
- Self Management: Works independently within prescribed parameters, can discern the relevance of issues and communicate them effectively to their Supervisor.
- Relationship Building: Works proactively to develop positive relations with participants, peers and volunteers.
- Candidates should also have the following qualifications:
- Early Childhood Education Diploma
- Registered member of the College of ECE in good standing
- College/University Diploma Relating to Child Care
- Current Criminal Reference Check
- Current Standard First Aid + CPR-C
The YMCA of Sault Ste. Marie values the diversity of people and communities and is committed to excellence and inclusion in our Association. We are committed to an environment that is barrier free. If you require accommodation during the hiring process, please inform us in advance to arrange reasonable and appropriate accommodation
PLEASE SUBMIT RESUME TO:
Sault Ste. Marie YMCA
235 McNabb Street
Sault Ste. Marie, ON P6B 1Y3
To apply for this job email your details to Marlene.email@example.com