The ideal candidates should be energetic; self-motivated and have the ability to work on their own.
POSITION: Full time position, starting immediately
FUNCTION: Provide general maintenance of the facility which includes; carpentry, plumbing, grounds and preventative maintenance on equipment and the building.
HOURS OF WORK: Saturday to Wednesday and on-call 37.5 hours per week
- Performs grounds maintenance duties including lawns and grounds, snow removal, parking lot repairs and parking lot security
- Performs plumbing repairs, carpentry work, painting, grouting and tile work, replacing light bulbs and other maintenance as required within the facility
- Equipment/special event set-up and take down, floor stripping and waxing and special projects as required
- Take pool and whirlpool readings to ensure they are within regulatory standards and take corrective actions to rectify problems. Maintains cleanliness of whirlpools and pool areas
- Ensures preventative maintenance tasks are completed on HVAC, broilers and other mechanical systems. Maintains fitness Centre equipment
- Communication – Communicates in a thorough, clear and timely manner and supports information sharing and goal achievement across the Association.
- Self-Management – Works independently within prescribed parameters, can discern the relevance of issues and communicate them effectively to their supervisor.
- Concern for Health & Safety – Acknowledges and understand how to manage and educate others of risk and harm reduction.
- Quality Focus – Ensures that success criteria for self, staff and programs are set, reviewed and surpassed regularly to provide excellent service delivery.
- Initiative – Does the right thing at the right time without being asked.
- Teamwork – The ability to work effectively with others to achieve optimal collective results.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Staff Membership to YMCA Health, Fitness & Aquatics facility
- Opportunities for leadership roles, career growth and professional development
- Pension, benefits, and paid vacation
- Mechanical ability required
- Good customer service and interpersonal skills
- Current First Aid, CPR certification is required
- WHMIS Training
- Certified Pool Operator (desired but not required)
- Current Criminal Reference Check is required
PLEASE SUBMIT RESUME TO
Ryan Scott, Supervisor of Plant and Facility
235 McNabb Street Sault Ste. Marie, ON P6B 1Y3
By: April 19, 2021
The YMCA of Sault Ste. Marie values the diversity of people and communities and is committed to excellence and inclusion in our Association.
We are committed to an environment that is barrier free. If you require accommodation during the hiring process, please inform us in advance to arrange reasonable and appropriate accommodation.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com