Location: Dubreuilville, Ontario, Canada
Reference No.: 2020-1584
Position Type: Temporary
Schedule: 20 days on, 10 days off
Reporting to the Regional Exploration Manager, the Drill Geologist will be responsible for the supervision of a drill rigg(s) at the Magino Gold Operation for the discovery of additional resources within the company’s tenure.
The Magino Project is a brown-fields site located in northern Ontario, Canada that contains a historical underground gold mine, landfill, and tailings management facility (“TMF”). The Corporation has conducted a Feasibility Study during 2017 that examined mining the deposit using conventional open-pit mining methods and extraction of gold from the ore using a 10,000 tonnes per day carbon-in-pulp (“CIP”) mineral processing facility. When developed, Magino will produce around 150,000 ounces of gold during the first five years of production. The project has over a 15-year mine production life (including one year of pre-production).
- Supervise two Reverse Circulation (RC) drills including logging rock chips and sampling.
- Inserting blanks and standards into the sample stream
- Promote a clean and safe working environment for all staff.
- Comply with internal policies and procedures pertaining to the position.
- A degree in Geology/Earth Sciences
- 1 to 3 years experience in mineral exploration and/or mining with core logging experience preferred.
- Have proven technical expertise and are a good team player.
- Have a good sense of organization and attention to detail.
- Have leadership skills, be motivated, and enjoy working in remote areas.
- Valid Drivers License (Employment with the company is provisional based on being able to be insured to drive company vehicles)
- Previous work using RC drills would be a great asset
- Gold exploration experience specifically in Archean greenstone settings. (DESIRABLE)
- Industry-standard GIS and 3D modeling experience in one or more of the following would be an asset: Logging software (ie GeoSpark), ArcGIS, QGIS, Leapfrog, Geosoft Target, MS Office Suite. (DESIRABLE)
- A registered P.Geo. or Registered GIT (DESIRABLE)
- NRCan NDTCB Certification – Portable XRF (DESIRABLE)
- Previous experience with oriented core would be an asset. (DESIRABLE)
- Individual would have their own vehicle to get to and from the site for rotations (Mileage paid), flying to Sault Ste. Marie will be considered depending on the qualifications of the candidate. (DESIRABLE)
- This is a Fixed Term position.
- The role is located at the Magino Mine, which is approximately 88 kilometers northeast of Wawa, Ontario, Canada.
- The ideal candidate for the role will work a rotation of twenty days on and ten days off, 10-hour days.
- Room and Board is provided
- Magino promotes a drug and alcohol-free workplace and has adopted a zero-tolerance policy with respect to alcohol or unauthorized drugs on site.
If you are looking for an exciting opportunity to be part of building a new mine in Canada and to build a career with a positive and supporting work environment, submit your resume by clicking on Apply Now below.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Argonaut Gold is an equal opportunity employer.
Argonaut Gold is an equal opportunity employer, values diversity in its workforce, and encourages applications from qualified candidates. Wherever possible, accommodations are made for qualified applicants with self-declared disabilities. Argonaut Gold thanks all applicants, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. The Company reserves the right to administer relevant tests to shortlisted candidates selected for interviews, in an effort to determine their suitability and the preparedness of those candidates to accept and perform in the role for which they have applied.
To apply for this job please visit www.argonautgold.com.