Website Wesdome Gold Mine
Building Canada’s Next Mid-Tier Gold Producer
Wesdome Gold Mines is in its 30th year of continuous gold mining operations in Canada. The Company is 100% Canadian focused with a pipeline of projects in various stages of development. The Eagle River Complex is located approximately 50 km south of Highway 17; 50 km West of Wawa, Ontario and is currently producing gold from a central mill which processes ore from the Eagle River Underground Mine and the Mishi Open Pit Mine.
The full-time position will be located at our Eagle River Mine near Wawa Reporting to the Eagle River Health & Safety Superintendent. The chosen candidate must have excellent interpersonal skills, as well as strong written and oral communication skills. They must demonstrate leadership capabilities and act as an ambassador for Mining Health and Safety programs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Provide support to the mine and mill by maintaining a visible presence in the field.
- Assist in the coaching, mentoring and implementation of the HS&E programs in the field with all employees at all levels.
- Regularly review and be familiar with all applicable legislation and applicable standards, to ensure compliance.
- Regularly audit the Safety Management System for compliance and update to ensure the alignment with company policies and procedures.
- Provide support and resource to all managers, supervisors, foremen and peers within the health & safety department.
- Participate and assist the supervisors, foreman and JHSC in the investigation of incidents to determine root cause, and concrete corrective actions.
- Develop toolbox talks, safety meetings and other material as required.
- Present health & safety topics in group settings.
- Conduct site safety inspections, planned inspections.
- Assist the training department as needed.
- Designated Employer Representative.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
COMPUTER AND/OR TECHNICAL QUALIFICATIONS
Proficient in Microsoft Office Programs: Word, Excel
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Occupational health and Safety Degree, Diploma or Certificate – CRSP would be an asset.
- Construction Safety Officer Certificate or applicable safety certification
- 5-7 years’ experience in a full-time health and safety position;
- Underground mining experience considered an asset;
- Prior supervisory experience;
- Training/Mine Rescue/ERT experience considered an asset
- Ability to demonstrate the application of risk assessments to company operations and activities
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Excellent Incident Investigation skills
- Excellent leadership and conflict resolution skills.
- Effective communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to perform under stressful conditions
- Analytical skills
- Probability and decision-making skills
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Effective organizational skills
- 7/7 rotation (day shift)
- Remote camp location, room and board (not a fly-in/fly-out)
- Competitive salary and career advancement opportunities
We Wish To Thank All Applicants For Their Interest and Effort In Applying For The Position; However, Only Candidates Selected For Interviews Will Be Contacted.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (the “Act”), Wesdome is committed to hosting and maintaining an accessible environment.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org