1-Year Contract Position Funded by NOHFC
The Human Resources Intern will provide leadership for the development, implementation and maintenance of the YMCA Human Resources policies and procedures.
- Implementing and updating Human Resources module for payroll system
- Developing where necessary missing HR related policies and procedures
- Providing leadership in staff training on policies and procedures
- Updating current policies to reflect changing Bill 148 requirements
- Providing assistance in job revaluations and salary grid analysis
Hours of Work:
- 37.5 hours per week. Typical work week is Monday-Friday, 9-4:30pm, however flexibility is required for meetings if needed
- University or college graduate who has graduated within the last three years from an accredited college or university. The candidate must be a graduate of a post-secondary degree or diploma program. The position will be a first full-time employment in the candidate’s field of study.
- Graduate of Human Resources program and/or working on HRPA designation
- Criminal Reference Check with Vulnerable Sector
- Current Standard First Aid & CPR-C
- Previous experience in Human Resources considered an asset
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal
- Computer proficiency
- Maintains confidentiality at all times
The YMCA of Sault Ste. Marie values the diversity of people and communities and is committed to excellence and inclusion in our Association. The Sault Ste. Marie YMCA is also committed to an environment that is barrier free. If you require accommodation during the hiring process, please inform us in advance to arrange reasonable and appropriate accommodation.
How to Apply:
Resumes will be received until 4pm, Friday, January 25, 2019
Directed to: Anne Markkula, Interim CEO
Sault Ste. Marie YMCA
235 McNabb St., Sault Ste. Marie, ON P6B1Y3
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org