Sault Ste. Marie Innovation Centre
Why choose the Sault?
Located at the heart of the Great Lakes, Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario is a beautiful waterfront city with a population of approximately 75,000. “The Soo” is rich in history, culture and adventure, boasting unmatched world class outdoor experiences throughout all four seasons. The bustling art sectors, museums, natural environment and numerous local eateries set our city apart from others. Summer and winter festivals are celebrated in a safe and affordable place to live. With easy commute times from home to work, and a high quality and vibrant lifestyle, Sault Ste. Marie provides a “home” experience with endless opportunities to discover.
Who we are searching for:
SSMIC is currently looking for an Innovation Accelerator Program Specialist for its Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (SME) Services.
The position would report to the Business Development Manager and work closely with the Business Development Coordinator. The Innovation Accelerator Program Specialist would be responsible for delivering and managing all aspects of the Innovation Accelerator Program (IAP) with the objective of enhancing innovation, commercialization, management and trade capacity of SMEs in Sault Ste. Marie and the Algoma region (see full program description here).
Duties and Responsibilities
The Innovation Accelerator Program Specialist would undertake the following activities:
- Lead/participate in client meetings
- Lead/participate in the client intake process (initial client contact, information gathering/vetting)
- Lead the application process (assisting clients with forms and service provider quoting, providing input for reviews/recommendations, preparation of emails/agreements)
- Lead Service Provider research and interactions
- Client relationship management and tracking throughout individual applicant project lifecycles
- Prepare various reports for stakeholders and funders
- Tracking, maintenance and data gathering for client surveys (via Survey Monkey)
- Prepare presentations and deliver workshops across SSM and Algoma to further market and promote the IAP;
- Work with regional partners delivering similar initiatives to gather information and report on GAPs in the Innovation ecosystem. Travel would be required throughout the Algoma district
- College diploma or University degree, preferably in a Business, Information Technology or Computer Science field, and/or 3 years of relevant work experience.
- Passion for science and/or technology. Good to excellent understanding of several areas of IT would be considered an asset
- Strong research abilities
- An aptitude for accurate, highly detailed analytical skills
- Ability to work both independently and on a team
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Ability to utilize the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
Why your opportunity begins here:
As a non-profit organization, the Sault Ste. Marie Innovation Centre (SSMIC) operates at the cutting edge of the science and tech sector. With a uniquely global perspective, SSMIC is made up of multiple groups that incorporate business, agriculture, lottery and gaming, business development and acceleration, youth engagement, software development, and GIS mapping. Our goal is to encourage the advancement and innovative application of technology to further economic development in the community. We are an organization comprised of 45 diverse, driven and self-motivated individuals who are looking to have you join our team.
This is a contract position for the duration of the IAP program with a target end date of August 31, 2019.
Please submit a cover letter and resume before Friday August 17, 2018 at 5:00 p.m. to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sault Ste. Marie Innovation Centre
99 Foster Drive, Level Six
Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com