Group Health Centre
The Organization: The Group Health Centre is a progressive multi-speciality ambulatory care health care organization, and is one of Canada’s first consumer-sponsored health care facilities. As Ontario’s largest and longest-established alternatively funded healthcare organization, Group Health Centre serves over 70,000 Sault Ste. Marie and Algoma District residents.
Position Summary: The primary role of the IT Technical Specialist/Helpdesk Technician is to provide advanced technical knowledge and support for all client-facing aspects of Group Health Centre’s Information Technology (IT) Infrastructure. This is a client service based role, in which the Technician is part of a team responsible for providing outstanding service and support to the end users and clients of Group Health Centre’s technology systems.
• University Degree or College Diploma in the field of computer science, information systems, engineering or equivalent training and/or experience
• Valid G Driver’s License
The Ideal Candidate will Possess:
• Minimum 3 years’ experience in the IT setting; helpdesk support or related technical areas an asset
• Strong technical knowledge of PC operating systems
• Well-developed self-awareness, self-management, social awareness and relationship management skills
• Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain successful working relationships
• Ability to provide excellent client service evidenced by well-developed communication skills; both verbal and written
• Demonstrated experience with VMwarse software (server and desktop virtualization)
• Technical knowledge of current IT hardware, software, protocols and standards, including recognized
vendor certifications and training completion
• Demonstrated ability to be self-directed and take initiative
• Demonstrated ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks; can conform to shifting priorities and
demands; able to meet deadlines
• Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot technical difficulties professionally and efficiently
• A solid track record of maintaining privacy and confidentiality in the workplace
Operations: Monday to Friday
Occasional evening and/or weekend
Applications By: May 27, 2019
Please apply to email@example.com
We thank all applicants, however only those under consideration will be contacted.
Interested applicants are asked to submit a cover letter and resume indicating their qualifications for the position by May 27, 2019.
Those selected for interviews will be required to demonstrate their qualifications and required skills and abilities as outlined above. Group Health Centre is committed to an application and interview process and work environment that is inclusive and barrier free. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code/AODA.
Applicants need to make any accommodation requests for the application or interview process known in advance by contacting the Human Resources Department at 705-759-5589.
*Please note the Group Health Centre is a Scent Sensitive Organization.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org