Website Nogdawindamin Family and Community Services
NOGDAWINDAMIN FAMILY AND COMMUNITY SERVICES WE ARE HIRING!
NOGDAWINDAMIN Family and Community Services, a designated Aboriginal Child Welfare Agency under the Child Youth and Family Services Act serving member First Nations situated between Sault Ste. Marie and Sudbury is seeking to hire a:
FULL-TIME CONTRACT TO MARCH 31, 2022
LAW CLERK – SUDBURY, ONTARIO
Salary Range: $45,708.00 to $56,145.00
Proposed Interview Date: Thursday, April 29, 2021
Reporting to the Supervisor of Legal Services, the Law Clerk is responsible for providing a full and complete range of legal, administrative support services to Child Welfare Supervisors, Front Line Staff, and the Legal Department.
• Legal Assistant diploma or related diploma/degree
• Two (2) years experience in a similar position in a First Nation Social Services Agency
• Experience working with Aboriginal people, organizations, and communities
• Respect for, sensitivity towards as well as knowledge and understanding of Anishnawbek culture, traditions, and the Seven Grandfather Teachings
• Ability to understand and speak Anishnaabemowin is a definite asset
• Must provide a Criminal Records Check deemed satisfactory by the employer
• Must have a Class ‘G’ Ontario Driver’s Licence, access to a vehicle, and the ability to travel
• Must have $1M automobile insurance coverage
Nogdawindamin Family and Community Services has been in operation for over 25 years. We are committed to providing a barrier-free work environment in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in the recruitment process.
JOIN A GROWING AND DYNAMIC ORGANIZATION OFFERING REWARDING CAREERS, COMPETITIVE SALARIES, BENEFITS, PENSION, AND A GREAT WORK ENVIRONMENT FOR INDIVIDUALS COMMITTED TO MAKING A DIFFERENCE.
Please submit a job-related resume and cover letter along with three work-related references by Thursday, April 22, 2021 – at 4:00 pm
Nogdawindamin Family and Community Services
210B Gran Street, Batchewana First Nation, ON P6A 0C4
FAX (705) 946-3717
Preference will be given to Indigenous applicants. Self-Identification is encouraged.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
A full job description is located on our website at www.nog.ca
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com