Website Maamwesying North Shore Community Health Services
Maamwesying kina gweyahn N’minobimaadizing
Location: Baawaating Family Health Team
Contract Position ending: March 31, 2021 (37.5 Hours Per Week)
Maamwesying North Shore Community Health Services, an Aboriginal Health Access Centre that provides primary health, traditional healing, mental health, home and community support services and health promotion services to community members of the seven First Nations of the North Shore Tribal Council, is inviting applications for a highly motivated Registered Practical Nurse (RPN) to join their Baawaating Family Health Team. Please visit our website at www.maamwesying.ca to learn more.
Under the direction and support of the Manager of the Baawaating Family Health Team, you will provide nursing care, within the RPN scope of practice as defined by the College of Nurses of Ontario. in a clinical setting .
- Prepare and administer medications
- Monitor effects, side effects and adverse effects of medications and/treatment
- Report observation to the other members of the Health Care Team
- Monitor patients’ healthcare status
- Maintain accurate medical records and charts
- Maintain a safe, secure and clean environment
- Practice in accordance with the College of Nurses of Ontario Practice Standards
- Knowledge of community-based health care deliver.
- Knowledge of interest in the health issues affecting Anishnawbe people. Cultural awareness and sensitivity training an asset.
- Must be able to work flexible schedule including evenings and weekends.
- Must have access to a reliable vehicle and a valid G Class driver’s license.
Given the traditional practices of Aboriginal people, from time to time exposure to smoke from the burning of sacred medicines such as tobacco, sweet grass, sage or cedar may occur.
- Accommodations for the disabled will be available upon request
- An offer of employment will be conditional upon an acceptable vulnerable sector police records check.
Hiring of Aboriginal People will be given preference, as allowed under Section 14 of the Ontario Human Rights Code – Special Programs
Deadline for Submission: NOON: AUGUST 14,2020
Qualified individuals are invited to submit via email to HR@nmninoeyaa.ca a cover letter along with current resume, certificates, diploma, to:
Maamwesying North Shore Community Health Services
473 Highway 17W, Cutler, ON P0P 1B0
Tel: 705-844-2021 Fax: 705-844-2844
Thank you in advance to all who apply, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to HR@nmninoeyaa.ca