Maamwesying Health Services
Maamwesying North Shore Community Health Services, an Aboriginal Health Access Centre that provides primary health, traditional healing, mental health, home and community support services and health promotion services to community members of the seven First Nations of the North Shore Tribal Council, is inviting applications for a highly motivated Registered Practical Nurse to join their Home and Community Support Services team. The objective is to provide comprehensive nursing care in the community setting and that assists clients to achieve optimum health and quality of life in order to remain at home independently; To support the implementation of the Ontario Dementia Strategy Day Program as per established guidelines.
By joining our team, you will work for a dynamic organization well known and recognized for its innovative programs and services. We value our employees and strive for a quality workplace environment that provides lifelong learning, growth and well-being. Become part of an organization that provides:
- Competitive salary and comprehensive health care benefits
- HOOPP pension plan
- Professional development opportunities including individual PD budget and paid leave allowance
- Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
- Opportunity to participate in exciting research projects
- Registered Practical Nurse College Diploma and current registration in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario as a Registered Practical Nurse is required
- Current CPR and First Aid
- Experience working with the elderly in a community setting is an asset.
- Ability to work with clients facing multiple barriers to health and well being.
- Proven ability to apply advanced clinical nursing skills in a home care setting.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and facilitate health teaching.
- Knowledge of community based health care. Knowledge of interest in the health issues affecting Anishnabe people. Ability to speak Ojibway language an asset.
- Must be able to work flexible schedule including evenings and weekends.
- Must have access to a reliable vehicle and a valid G Class driver’s license.
Given the traditional practices of Aboriginal people, from time to time exposure to smoke from the burning of sacred medicines such as tobacco, sweet grass, sage or cedar may occur.
- Accommodations for the disabled will be available upon request
- An offer of employment will be conditional upon an acceptable vulnerable sector police records check
- Hiring of Aboriginal People will be given preference, as allowed under Section 14 of the Ontario Human Rights Code – Special Programs
Deadline for Submission: NOON: October 24, 2019
Qualified individuals are invited to submit via email to email@example.com a cover letter along with a current resume, certificates, diploma, to:
Maamwesying North Shore Community Health Services c/o Edith Mercieca
473 B Highway 17W, Cutler, ON P0P 1B0
Tel: 705-844-2021 Fax: 705-844-2844
Thank you in advance to all who apply, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org