Website Wesdome Gold Mine
Building Canada’s Next Mid-Tier Gold Producer
Wesdome Gold Mines is in its 30th year of continuous gold mining operations in Canada. The Company is 100% Canadian focused with a pipeline of projects in various stages of development. The Eagle River Complex is located approximately 50 km south of Highway 17; 50 km West of Wawa, Ontario and is currently producing gold from a central mill which processes ore from the Eagle River Underground Mine and the Mishi Open Pit Mine.
Reports to Mine Captain, works directly with the mechanical and electrical department’s surface and warehouse to ensure a smooth liaison with each.
The Mine Supervisor is responsible for underground mine operation and associated surface infrastructure, as the case may be. The responsibility includes, but is not limited to, Safety of their employees, mine development, mine production, and mine services. Of primary importance in this responsibility is ensuring that safety rules and regulations are followed and respected. The allocation of men, equipment and material to the workplace to ensure safe timely completion of task required.
Perform Safety Audits and heading inspections, motivate and coach employees by providing a positive, safe workplace
- Perform daily workplace inspections
- Ensure that the workers follow all regulations and company policies, and take any disciplinary action that may be required in the enforcement of regulations and policies
- Ensure the safety of the workers by regularly inspecting P.P.E. and recording inspections
- Ensure the safety of the workers by making available any P.P.E., equipment or materials needed to meet compliance of any regulations and policies. Ensure that the items are put to use.
- Ensure the safety of the workers by maintaining a safe work environment, namely anticipating ventilation or other requirements and seeing to their placement when required and keeping up a workplace scaling program
- Ensure the safety of workers by supplying written instructions to all workers
- Ensure the safety of the workers by supplying level plans and ensuring that the workers are aware of escape routes from their workplaces
- Ensure the accuracy of all projects by supplying workers with engineered drawings to support accuracy
- Ensure the workers have proper training or experience to perform the work they are assigned to do
- Be available to respond immediately to any underground emergency
- Foresee the need of material and supplies necessary for the construction projects of the
mine. (steel, lumber, ground support material, etc.)
- See to the daily up-keep of the mine and related surface areas
- Evaluate the personnel under his/her supervision
- Participate actively in the meetings of his/her department
- Work in compliance with the Occupational Health & Safety Act, Regulations for Mines and Mining Plants and all other applicable government standards and regulations.
- Follow company policies and procedures and enforce compliance
- Have a good safe working attitude
- Possess or attain training for Supervisor common core modules
- Possess a technical background related to the position
- Computer skills would be an asset
- Aptitude for creating and maintaining a positive work atmosphere and motivate the
personnel under his/her supervision
- Dayshift and Nightshift (rotating)
- 12 – Hour shifts
- 10 on 10 off, 11 on 11 off
- Remote camp location, room and board (not a fly-in/fly-out)
- Competitive salary and career advancement opportunities
We Wish To Thank All Applicants For Their Interest and Effort In Applying For The Position; However, Only Candidates Selected For Interviews Will Be Contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com