Scope: The Ontario Finnish Resthome Foundation is currently recruiting for a NOHFC Marketing & Advertising Intern position that reports to the Fund Development Coordinator. This is a 1 year paid contract position.
- Post-secondary education in marketing and/or advertising.
- Experience with various Social Media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, etc.) and developing professional posts as well as advertising and marketing material.
- Experience using a Macbook Pro as this is the hardware the intern will be using.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Excel and Outlook is required.
- Courteous, enthusiastic and comfortable working with seniors as well as the general public on a daily basis.
- A self-starter and quick learner, committed to achieving goals with excellent personal and written communication skills
- Must be able to multi-task, work in a fast-paced office and work with multiple priorities and deadlines by using outstanding organizational skills.
- Ability to demonstrate professionalism, judgment and discretion in dealing with donors and with confidential and sensitive matters.
- Committed to working as a team member alongside a large variety of residents, OFRA staff, volunteers, members and donors.
- Assist in the development of advertisements and promotional materials.
- Work with the team to define and implement marketing and advertising strategies to promote the capital campaign internally and externally.
- Assist with projects and promotional activities through various avenues (e.g. social media, direct mail, and web) for the capital campaign.
- Assist with regular updates and maintenance of the website and social media platforms.
- Monitor all social media platforms for trending news, ideas, and feedback.
- Perform general office duties as required.
- Will assist in the marketing and advertising of events, lotteries and appeals for the capital campaign.
- Assist with the research and contribute to the development and execution of a virtual capital fundraising campaign.
- Ability to conduct cold calls and assist with donor solicitation.
- Maintain and execute our bi-weekly 50/50 lotteries and other OFRA lotteries that may arise.
- Experience with various Social Media platforms and developing professional posts as well as advertising and marketing material.
- Attend various OFRA and Foundation events and meetings as deemed necessary.
- Candidate must be a new entrant into the workforce, are transitioning to a new career, or the unemployed or underemployed who are entering a new field.
- Candidate must have not previously participated in an NOHFC funded internship in the 2020 Mandate.
- Candidate must be 18 years of age or older.
- Candidate must be legally eligible to work in Canada.
- Once hired, the candidate must reside in the Northern Ontario community in which they are employed.
The OFRA is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process and workplace. If you require any accommodations, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs. The successful candidate will be required to obtain a Level 3 Vulnerable Sector Police Record Check. All OFRA employees must be fully vaccinated. We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Wage: $35,000 Annually
Application Deadline: December 9, 2021 at 4pm.
Please submit a cover letter and resume online at www.ontariofinnishresthome.ca/careers, email email@example.com or delivered to 725 North St. Sault Ste. Marie ON.