Website Group Health Centre
The Organization: The Group Health Centre is a progressive multi-specialty ambulatory care health care organization, and is one of Canada’s first consumer-sponsored health care facilities. As Ontario’s largest and longest-established alternatively funded healthcare organization, Group Health Centre serves over 70,000 Sault Ste. Marie and Algoma District residents.
Position Summary: The Nurse Practitioner will provide comprehensive care to patients in collaboration with physicians with emphasis on health promotion and disease prevention.
Required Qualifications: Nurse Practitioner with valid Extended Class certification and Registration with The College of Nurses of Ontario (CNO) in good standing.
The Ideal Candidate will Possess:
• Minimum five years’ experience in primary care
• Advanced knowledge and decision-making skills in health care assessment, diagnosis, and management of acute and chronic disease
• Proven ability to provide excellence in primary care within a multidisciplinary team
• Highly developed critical thinking, efficient time management, problem solving, and organizational skills
• Ability to work collaboratively; independently and interdependently within an interdisciplinary team
• Commitment to the professional and organizational vision as it pertains to clinical practice and patient care
• Innate ability to act as a resource and role model
• Effective team building skills and able to promote and support positive working relationships, with all staff
• Ability to manage a critical situation using advanced critical thinking skills and a calm, therapeutic approach
• Demonstrated ability within the nurse/client relationship, to care for patients as unique individuals whose goals, values, and point of view may differ from those of the caregiver
Compensation: Salary as per ONA Collective Agreement – $45.31 to $55.74 commensurate with experience
Operations: Monday to Friday – Business Hours | Weekends & Holidays Off
How to Apply:
Applications By: January 25, 2019, Please apply to firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants, however only those under consideration will be contacted.
Interested applicants are asked to submit a cover letter and resume indicating their qualifications for the position by September 7, 2018. Those selected for interviews will be required to demonstrate their qualifications and required skills and abilities as outlined above. Group Health Centre is committed to an application and interview process and work environment that is inclusive and barrier free. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code/AODA. Applicants need to make any accommodation requests for the application or interview process known in advance by contacting the Human Resources Department at 705-759-5589.
*Please note the Group Health Centre is a Scent Sensitive Organization. www.ghc.on.ca
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com