Your Job is Out There. We'll Help You Find It.
JOB TITLE: Outreach Officer Intern (NOHFC Internship)
POSITION STATUS: Full-time (35 hours/week), One-Year Limited Term (52 weeks)
REPORTS TO: Manager of Community Programs & Communications
CLOSING DATE: Friday, January 31, 2020, at 3:00 pm
Sault Community Career Centre (SCCC) is a not-for-profit support service agency serving Sault Ste. Marie and area since 1992. Our mission is to improve people’s lives by helping them become and stay employed and to help businesses find lasting solutions to their staffing needs. We offer custom-tailored supports to job seekers, employers, and newcomers. We provide a supportive work culture with an emphasis on work/life balance.
The Outreach Officer Intern will be responsible for creating new connections with local employers and various community partners and will maintain existing employer partnerships to keep employers engaged, resulting in improved retention. The Outreach Officer Intern will work closely with employers to determine, assess, and analyze their hiring needs. The overall objective of this position is to build and strengthen relationships with community stakeholders and clients (current and future) participating in SCCC’s programming and initiatives. The Outreach Officer Intern will work closely with the Manager of Community Programs and Communications and will be a valuable addition to SCCC’s overall marketing strategy. The position also involves the gathering of data and feedback needed to improve SCCC’s services.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Source and gather information related to employer job vacancies/job board postings
- Contact potential employers through Random Lead Generation and in-person cold calls
- Attend various employer-oriented activities to develop contacts and recruit employers
- Connect with community agencies, organizations and educational institutions
- Provide information about services and programs to employers
- Source suitable employment/placement options for clients
- Source and facilitate job fairs for employers with hiring needs and gaps in service sectors
- Build strong relationships with potential employers to expand the SCCC’s employer network
- Provide ongoing outreach to employers/businesses to establish relationships and identify employment opportunities
- Promote SCCC’s services and determine an employer’s current and future labour market skills needs
- Organize and/or attend community functions/activities to attract and inform employers of services
- Assist in the development of a marketing and recruitment plan for SCCC’s programs and services
- Assist in the coordination and implementation of marketing/recruiting strategies
- Create, design and implement a tracking system to determine if client and employer recruitment strategies are effective
- Attend and contribute to SCCC staff meetings
University or college graduate who has graduated within the last three years from an accredited college or university. The candidate must be a graduate of a post-secondary degree or diploma program. The position will be the first full-time employment in the candidate’s field of study.
The successful applicant will also possess:
- University degree or College diploma in a related discipline (g., Public Relations, Marketing, Business, and other similar diploma/degree programs)
- Effective language and communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal, networking and negotiation skills
- Time management and organizational skills
- Advanced computer proficiency related to Microsoft programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Research and data entry skills; analysis and interpretation of data
- Knowledge of social media platforms
- Awareness of and respect for cultural diversity
- Bilingualism is an asset
HOW TO APPLY
Qualified candidates should submit their resume and cover letter by email, no later than Friday, January 31, 2020, at 3:00 pm to:
Sault Community Career Centre
503 Queen Street East, Sault Ste. Marie, ON P6A 2A2
We thank all candidates for their interest; however; only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Sault Community Career Centre is an inclusive employer who is committed to an application and interview process and work environment that is inclusive and barrier-free. Accommodation is available in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code/AODA. Applicants need to make any accommodation requests for the application or interview process known in advance by contacting the Director of Resources at (705) 759-0909 ext. 4261.
THIS OPPORTUNITY IS
PROUDLY SUPPORTED BY:
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org