Canadian Red Cross
Personal Support Worker
Permanent Full & Part Time Hours Available
Sault Ste. Marie, ON
The Canadian Red Cross Society, a non-profit, humanitarian organization dedicated to helping Canadians, as well as the most vulnerable throughout the world, is seeking a Personal Support Worker for the Assisted Living Program. The Personal Support Worker will be a compassionate person providing care and support to seniors allowing them to stay in their homes, providing a sense of independence and comfort.
The Red Cross is looking for dedicated, enthusiastic and reliable workers to support this valuable program.
- Want to make a difference in someone’s life?
- Like working with seniors?
- Enjoy meeting new people and working with others?
If so, consider joining our team. As a Canadian Red Cross Personal Support Worker, you will:
- Be a member of the largest humanitarian organization in the world.
- Have guaranteed hours of work and paid travel time between clients.
- Provide support to senior clients allowing them to stay safely in their homes.
- Reviews and follows Client Care Plans.
- Provides assistance to clients including personal care, light housekeeping, meal preparation, medication reminders, and laundry.
- Recognize and report any changes in client condition or safety to the Care Coordinator.
- Work within the therapeutic/professional relationship boundaries.
- Maintain and complete in-home client binders including task sheets, progress notes, and acute respiratory infection (ARI) screening.
- Frequently complete and submit schedule changes, activity logs, and kilometer forms.
- Personal Support Worker Certificate from a recognized institution.
- A valid provincial driver’s license with access to a reliable vehicle.
- A successful Vulnerable Sector Criminal Record Check.
- First Aid Certification.
Abilities and Skills:
- Time management skills
- Accepts suggestions
- Ability to manage stress
- Interacts well with others
- Maintains confidentiality
- Experience working with seniors
- Personal Support Worker experience
- The majority of the work is performed in the client’s residence.
- Work a shift model within a two week rotation with one weekend on and one week off.
- The position requires frequent standing, walking, and lifting requiring strength up to 40 pounds.
- Travel within a designated geographic are in Sault Ste. Marie will be required.
Interested parties may submit their resumes, to:
The Canadian Red Cross Society
5 – 475 Trunk Rd
Sault Ste. Marie, ON P6A 3T1
While we appreciate all responses, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that relocation funding is not available for this position
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com