ER Employment Consulting
|Under general direction, the Secretary assists with the day-to-day operation of the office and
provides administrative and clerical support.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES
Applicants should have a high degree of literacy, very good knowledge of general office work and be able to perform with accuracy and minimum supervision, the following duties:
· Set up, compose, type, proofread and process to completion, and where required, send for translation: correspondence, reports, collective agreements, proposals, presentations, news releases, forms, and other documents on a timely basis. Initiate follow-up where required.
· Receive, screen and direct calls, respond to general enquiries and provide general information to staff
· Perform receptionist functions
· Coordinate travel and accommodation arrangements ensuring adequate timing of schedules.
· Coordinate conferences, workshops, meetings and appointments and produce materials for them
· Assist with office orientation for employees on office policies, procedures and equipment.
· Create and/or maintain, update, perform searches, retrieve information and generate reports from various databases, as necessary
· Receive, verify and process invoices for payment and submit cheque authorization, monitor petty cash expenditures, maintain adequate receipts and records for accounting purposes, and ensure that petty cash funds are replenished on a timely basis, as required.
· Perform other related duties, as assigned.
|1. Two years related work experience
2. Business or Community College graduate in a relevant field or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
3. General knowledge of:
· administrative policies and procedures;
· databases and data management;
· basic accounting, bookkeeping, or business math;
· speak and write at an above average level in English;
· meet deadlines and/or establish priorities while working in a high pressure work setting;
· communicate effectively in a respectful and cooperative manner with the public, all staff, members, contractors, etc.;
· work with minimal supervision;
· maintain confidentiality;
· work with a high degree of accuracy;
Hours: Monday – Friday 9am – 4pm
How to Apply:
|Please apply by sending your resume through email to the attention of: Colleen at firstname.lastname@example.org|
To apply for this job please visit erconsulting.ca.