ParaMed is actively hiring Registered Practical Nurses for Community Nursing vacancies! New grads are welcome to apply!
How to succeed in this role?
- Registered Practical Nurse (RPN) in good standing
- Experience in community nursing is preferred
- Access to a vehicle and a valid driver’s license and insurance
- A passion for making a difference in your community
Why join our team?
- Flexible scheduling
- Casual, part-time and full-time roles available
- Company-paid work device for mileage and client tracking purposes
- Competitive compensation including paid training, travel compensation, competitive wages, and health/dental benefits
- Employee discount program
- Continuous learning and training opportunities
- Obtains informed consent prior to and throughout service provision
- Works collaboratively with a multi-disciplinary team consisting of government agencies, healthcare workers, and other community resources
- Provides safe, competent, compassionate and ethical nursing care to ensure the personal safety of clients
- Uses appropriate assessment tools and techniques in consultation with clients and the health care team to assess clients regarding physical, emotional, spiritual, cultural, cognitive, developmental, environmental and social needs
- Engages client using a collaborative approach, building rapport and trust, achieving a mutual understanding and agreement to identify actual and potential client health care needs, strengths, capacities and goals.
- Establishes and maintains appropriate professional boundaries with clients and the health care team, including the distinction between social interaction and therapeutic relationships
- Participates in necessary care conferences with Health Care team
- Maintains the knowledge, skills and attitudes to provide safe, efficient, effective care in all areas of practice by keeping abreast of changes in practice setting that affect scope of practice
- Maintains professional client records related to client encounters and plans in compliance with ParaMed’s policies and the standards applied by the regulatory body or Nursing College.
- Shows respect for cultural needs, dignity, privacy and confidentiality of clients
- Discharges client when goals have been achieved
- Registration with the CNO as a RPN in good standing
- Availability to work day and/or evening shifts and to work every other weekend
- Able to pass a CPIC and VSS check upon successful hire
- A valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle is require
How to Apply
Please apply by sending in your resumes to email@example.com
This is a Union Position: RPN Service Employees International Union Local 319 Local 1 Canada Union
Salary: LHIN Funded RPN rates as per Collective Agreement