Website Wesdome Gold Mines
Building Canada’s Next Mid-Tier Gold Producer
Wesdome Gold Mines is in its 30th year of continuous gold mining operations in Canada. The Company is 100% Canadian focused with a pipeline of projects in various stages of development. The Eagle River Complex is located approximately 50 km south of Highway 17; 50 km West of Wawa, Ontario and is currently producing gold from a central mill which processes ore from the Eagle River Underground Mine and the Mishi Open Pit Mine.
We are looking for a Site Controller to supervise, track and evaluate day-to-day activities. The Site Controller’s responsibilities include establishing financial status by developing and implementing systems for analyzing, verifying and reporting information. We are also looking for someone to work closely with our financial management team.
- Managing and overseeing the daily operations of the accounting department.
- Liaison between the Eagle River Mine Complex and the Toronto corporate office on all administrative matters.
- Monitoring and analyzing accounting data and produce financial reports or statements.
- Establishing and enforcing proper accounting methods, policies and principles.
- Manage and oversee the daily operations of the accounting department including:
- Month and Year-End process
- Accounts Payable
- Cash Receipts
- General Ledger
- Payroll and Utilities
- Treasury, Budgeting
- Cash Forecasting
- Revenue and Expenditure Variance Analysis
- Capital Assets Reconciliations
- Check Runs
- Fixed Asset Activity
- Debt Activity
- Monitor and analyze accounting data and produce financial reports or statements
- Establish and enforce proper accounting methods, policies and principles
- Coordinate and complete annual audits
- Provide recommendations
- Improve systems and procedures and initiate corrective actions
- Assign projects and direct staff to ensure compliance and accuracy
- Meet financial accounting objectives
- Establish and maintain fiscal files and records to document transactions
- Oversee procurement and Warehousing Activities at Mine Site
- Act as the main liaison between the Eagle River Mine Complex and the Toronto corporate office on all administrative matters such as:
- Maintain contract files
- Administering the Company’s Employees Stock Option Plan
- Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Advanced computer skills on MS Office, accounting software and databases (Sage 300 is preferable).
- Proven working experience as Accounting Manager, Accounting Supervisor or Finance Manager.
- CPA designation (CA, CMA, CFA) is preferred
- Ability to manipulate large amounts of data.
- Proven knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting principles, practices, standards, laws and regulations.
- High attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to direct and supervise.
- Ability to work under pressure.
Willing to travel (30%)
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org