Lallemand is a privately held Canadian company, founded at the end of the 19th century, specializing in the development, production and marketing of yeasts and bacteria. The company is comprised of 11 major business units, each focused on specific applications of yeast and bacteria, with activities worldwide. Administrative offices for the parent company are in Montreal, Canada. Today, Lallemand employs more than 3,500 people working across more than 45 countries, on five continents.
This job opportunity is within Lallemand’s Plant Care business unit. Yeast, bacteria, mushrooms: micro-organisms have always lived in harmony with plants, and they are now being recognized for their many agricultural benefits. As an international specialist in micro-organisms, Lallemand Plant Care carefully selects strains for agricultural, horticultural and forestry use, in order to improve plant nutrition, health, and productivity.
Joining the Lallemand Plant Care team means collaborating with people who work passionately to develop sustainable, efficient, and clean solutions for agriculture professionals, green spaces, and the forestry sector. We are regularly looking to recruit new talent across the globe to help support our commercial, logistical, marketing, production, and research and development efforts.
Lallemand Plant Care is looking to recruit a hardworking, proactive, detail oriented and self-motivated individual to help support its rapidly growing business. The supply chain assistant will be an integral part in assisting the planning and procurement processes that support Lallemand Plant Care’s supply chain in North America.
Reporting to the supply chain manager, the supply chain assistant will work closely with the procurement and production planning coordinator to secure the resources required to produce Lallemand Plant Care’s products. This is a full time, permanent position that is located in Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario.
Duties and responsibilities
- Enter, complete and follow up on production orders
- Review purchasing trends
- Contact vendors for quotes, estimates and product availability
- Assist in the planning process for the production year
- Enter and complete product transfers
- Communicate with third party manufacturers
- Support the administrative work within the supply chain department
- Aid in monthly warehouse closing and inventory reconciliations
- Monitor warehouse inventory levels
- Coordinate the delivery of ingredients required for productions
- Adhere to the Health and Safety Policy at all times
- Other duties as required
- University or college degree in business administration or equivalent
- Minimum one-to-two years’ experience in production planning, supply chain management or a related field
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Excel
- Demonstrated capability of learning new data entry systems
- Proficient with data entry
Personal strengths required
- Proactive problem solver who takes initiative
- Superior organizational and attention to detail skills
- Excellent communications skills, both written and oral
- Sound interpersonal skills
- Team player and able to work effectively with minimal supervision
- Thrives under high pressure and able to meet tight deadlines
- Bilingual in French is an asset, but not mandatory
Lallemand offers a competitive salary, retirement contribution plan and group benefits. Covid-19 Statement
Interviews can be conducted in person or via video conferencing, depending on the situation and the candidates comfort level. Lallemand Plant Care adheres to Algoma Public Health’s recommendations on public safety during this pandemic. Staff are equipped with hand sanitizer and face masks, and adhere to social distancing protocols at all times.
Is this offer for you? Apply by July 10, 2020 by 5:00PM EST to:
Carrie Morin, Administrative Assistant & Customer Support Specialist: email@example.com
Thank you for your interest in our organization. Only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org