Location: Dubreuilville, Ontario, Canada
Reference No.: 2020-1604
Position Type: Full Time
Schedule: 4 days on, 3 days off (12 hours)
Reporting to the Supervisor – Maintenance Shop, the Heavy-Duty Mechanic is responsible for various maintenance activities common to a surface hard rock mining operation and the associated blasting, loading, hauling, and support equipment. As this is a start-up position, the successful candidate may also be required to assist with other mine related services as needed.
The Magino Project is a brown-fields site located in northern Ontario, Canada that contains an historical underground gold mine, landfill and tailings management facility (“TMF”). The Corporation has conducted a Feasibility Study during 2017 that examined mining the deposit using conventional open pit mining methods and extraction of gold from the ore using a 10,000 tonnes per day carbon-in-pulp (“CIP”) mineral processing facility. When developed, Magino will produce around 150,000 ounces of gold during the first five years of production. The project has over a 15-year mine production life (including one year of pre-production).
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, and repair large mobile mining equipment common to a surface hard rock mine
- Actively participate in various safety activities
- Perform Preventative Maintenance inspections and Preventative Maintenance services
- Service and repair equipment in the field
- Actively participate in continuous improvement initiatives
- Clearly write reports detailing work performed and problems found
- Red Seal Certification in Heavy Duty.
- 3 + years’ experience.
- Experience with CAT heavy equipment and / or other mining equipment is an asset
- Proven safety and attendance record
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office products ie. Word, Excel and Outlook
- Knowledge of SIS and Cat Parts Store preferred
- Clear written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to lift 50 pounds is required
- Willingness to work in adverse conditions
- Self-motivated, team player with a positive attitude and the ability to work with minimal supervision
- This is a Full-Time position.
- The role is located at the Magino Mine, which is approximately 88 kilometers northeast of Wawa, Ontario, Canada.
- The ideal candidate for the role will work a rotation of four days on and three days off, 12-hour days.
- Room and Board is provided
- Magino promotes a drug and alcohol-free workplace and has adopted a zero-tolerance policy with respect to alcohol or unauthorized drugs on site.
If you are looking for an exciting opportunity and to build a career in an innovative and dynamic organization, submit your resume at
Argonaut Gold is an equal opportunity employer, values diversity in its workforce, and encourages applications from qualified candidates. Wherever possible, accommodations are made for qualified applicants with self-declared disabilities. Argonaut Gold thanks all applicants, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. The Company reserves the right to administer relevant tests to shortlisted candidates selected for interviews, in an effort to determine their suitability and the preparedness of those candidates to accept and perform in the role for which they have applied.
To apply for this job please visit www.argonautgold.com.