Website The Ontario Finnish Resthome Foundation
Scope: The Ontario Finnish Resthome Foundation (OFRF) Fundraising Intern will participate and assist in the planning, implementing, coordinating and execution of the Foundation’s fundraising efforts. These efforts include data and donation management, fundraising events and lotteries, and review and editing of policies and procedures. Our past interns have moved on to secure careers as Manager of Business Administration, Manager of Communications & Public Relations and Media Relations Coordinator, and Admission Coordinator.
Reporting to: Fund Development Coordinator
Classification: Full-time, primarily normal business hours with the ability to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends. This is a one year paid position supported by the Northern Ontario Heritage Fund Corporation.
- Comfortable working with seniors as well as the general public on a daily basis.
- Excellent personal and written communication skills with the ability to relate effectively with people at all levels.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook is required.
- Confident in working independently with proven data entry skills with a high standard of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Must be able to multi-task, work in a fast-paced office and work with multiple priorities and deadlines by using outstanding organizational skills.
- Ability to demonstrate professionalism, judgment, and discretion in dealing with donors and with confidential and sensitive matters.
- A self-starter and a quick learner committed to achieving goals.
- Courteous, enthusiastic, flexible, task-oriented and comfortable working with people in a variety of situations.
- Committed to working as a team member alongside a large variety of residents, OFRA staff, volunteers, members, and donors.
- A Valid Driver’s Licence and access to a vehicle are mandatory.
- Work with data management software, ensuring highly accurate tracking of monetary and in-kind donations, donors and OFRA Member information.
- Provide administrative support to the Fund Development Coordinator including word processing, data entry, filing, mailings, and e-mailing.
- Support all aspects of organizing, promoting and delivering fundraising events. This can include but is not limited to participant recruitment, event logistics, sourcing giveaways, working with volunteers, liaising with vendors, assisting with overall event execution, cultivation of in-kind donations items as well as database management and reporting.
- Contribute to the development of Fundraising policies and procedures.
- Maintain and execute our bi-weekly 50/50 lotteries and other OFRA lotteries that may arise.
- Maintain our Annual Harvest Fest Draw including the handling of money, and tracking of ticket sales, and managing and scheduling of ticket selling locations and volunteers.
- Work cooperatively with and respond to inquiries from residents, donors, staff, volunteers and the general public.
- Attend various OFRA and Foundation events and meetings as deemed necessary.
- Assist in the management of the day-to-day fundraising office.
University or college graduate who has graduated within the last three years from an accredited college or university. The candidate must be a graduate of a post-secondary university with a degree in fundraising or non-profit management. Graduates with a post-secondary university degree of another discipline and a fundraising certificate or 3 years of fundraising experience (paid or volunteer) will also be considered. The position will be a first full-time employment in the candidate’s field of study and will provide the intern with first time employment in their field of study. Candidates are only eligible to participate in the internship program one time. Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada. The candidate selected for this internship placement will not be hired until a confirmation of eligibility has been provided by the MNDM Project Officer.
***Funding for this Internship Program in pending on NOHFC approval***
Please submit a certified copy of your post-secondary institute diploma or degree, cover letter, resume and any other supporting documentation to email@example.com or deliver to 725 North St. Sault Ste. Marie ON.
This Opportunity is Proudly Supported by The Northern Ontario Heritage Fund Corporation
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org