Join the Sault Community Career Centre for a FREE in-person information session for newcomers presented by the Canada Revenue Agency. Learn about which income tax …
OUR FREE YOUTH EMPLOYMENT PROGRAM STARTS MON FEB 13!
We’re now accepting applications to be in our FREE youth employment program.
Through the Transition to Independence Program, youth between the ages of 15-30 get job skills and hands-on paid work experience with local employers. While in training, youth also get a living expense equal to minimum wage!
The next program session starts Monday, February 13, 2023.
Participant applications are being accepted until Thursday, February 9, 2023, at 4:30 pm. Space is limited, so apply today!
- A living expense equal to minimum wage while in training.
- Up to 7 weeks (30 hours per week) of customized employment skills training, mental health and wellness support, customer service skills, and more!
- Free certificate training based on your needs, such as Smart Serve, First Aid, Food Handler Certificate, WHMIS, etc.
- An 8-week (30 hours per week) paid work placement with a local employer at minimum wage to develop skills through a supportive on-the-job experience based on your employment goals and abilities.
- One-on-one coaching to put your employment plan into action.
- Childcare and transportation are available where appropriate and required.
- 15 – 30 years of age
- Not enrolled in school (in-class or online)
- Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person who has been granted refugee status
- Legally entitled to work according to provincial legislation and regulations
For more information or to register, visit https://saultcareercentre.ca/transition-to-independence-program/ or contact Nathan Muto, Program Coordinator, at Nathan.Muto@saultcareercentre.ca or 705.759.0909 extension 4254.
Sign-up for Job Alerts
Be the first to know about new job opportunities by signing up for email alerts