Join the Sault Community Career Centre for a FREE in-person information session for newcomers presented by the Canada Revenue Agency. Learn about which income tax …
Volunteer with Sault Community Career Centre – Information Session
Do you want to make a difference in the life of a newcomer? Volunteer today with the Sault Community Career Centre and change the life of a new Canadian.
The Sault Community Career Centre is a recognized leader in the settlement and integration of newcomers and refugees to Sault Ste. Marie. We provide the resources and guidance newcomers need to become engaged in social, civic, cultural, and economic life.
Our newcomer families are settling successfully with the help of our volunteers and community partners, but we’re always on the lookout for new volunteers. They offer a friendly face and help newcomers learn about the Sault and adjust to life in Canada.
- Your time will make a difference
- We can benefit from your talents, skills, and perspectives
- You can improve the lives of your neighbours and community members
- You can help create a more inclusive community
- It can provide a sense of purpose
- It can help you be happier and feel more connected
- It can get you out of your comfort zone
- It can improve self-esteem and self-confidence
- It can add experience to your resume
- It can increase your understanding of other cultures
How it works. If you’re interested in volunteering with us, we’ll have you:
- Attend an information session, then
- Complete our volunteer application package
- Sign a confidentiality agreement
- Obtain a Police Records Check specifically for the Sault Community Career Centre
- Choose a volunteer assignment
- Attend a meeting with your volunteer group
We have an upcoming in-person information session for anyone interested in volunteering on Thursday, February 23, from 12 pm to 1 pm at our 503 Queen Street East office. We’d love to see you there!
To register to attend or for more information on how you can make a difference, email Lynda Crockford, Volunteer Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org, call Lynda at 705.759.0909 extension 4272 or simply fill out this inquiry form: https://forms.office.com/r/i7xM2p42Z8.
Sign-up for Job Alerts
Be the first to know about new job opportunities by signing up for email alerts