Wesdome Gold Mines
Wesdome Gold Mines is in its 30th year of continuous gold mining operations in Canada. The Company is 100% Canadian focused with a pipeline of projects in various stages of development. The Eagle River Complex is located approximately 50 km south of Highway 17; 50 km West of Wawa, Ontario and is currently producing gold from a central mill which processes ore from the Eagle River Underground Mine and the Mishi Open Pit Mine.
Heavy-Equipment Mechanic is responsible, as part of a team, for maintaining the equipment and mechanical systems of the Eagle River Mine site to ensure smooth and continuous operation. The Heavy-Duty Equipment Mechanic will report directly to the Maintenance Leader.
(Duties include but are not limited to):
- Comply with Wesdome safety policies and applicable regulatory, customer or industry requirements.
- Participate in the development of safe work procedures.
- Participate in the planning, health and safety, or other meetings as required.
- Build strong relationships with Maintenance team to ensure smooth operations and satisfaction.
- Work in compliance with Health and Safety regulations and other applicable regulations (TSSA, CWB)
- Ensure all log books are maintained according to standard operating procedures.
- Repairing, installing/uninstalling, assembling/disassembling, aligning equipment as necessary, both mobile and stationary equipment.
- Perform pre-assembly activities such as cleaning and lubricating parts.
- Read and interpret blueprints, sketches and written instructions to assemble the parts or products.
- Perform heavy mobile mining equipment assembly according to engineering drawings.
- Position or align components for assembly, manually or using hoists.
- Follows scopes of work within time constraints.
- Reading and following blueprints/schematics.
- Conducting preventative maintenance checks on equipment.
- Use tools and equipment correctly and safely.
- Providing information on required parts and equipment to allow proper management of parts required for ordering.
The position is located near Wawa, Ontario at Wesdome Gold Mines Ltd. Eagle River Mill.
- Heavy Duty Equipment Mechanic Certification (Red Sealed),
- Heavy Duty Equipment Mechanic Registered Apprentice welcome to apply.
- Minimum of two (2) years related experience with mining industry-specific equipment.
- Knowledge of hydraulics and electrical systems.
- Ability to read and interpret equipment schematics.
- Strong diagnostic and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; computer literacy.
- Ability to work varied shift schedules including night shift.
- Strong communication and motivational skills to maintain and promote a productive and safe working atmosphere.
- Working underground is mandatory.
- Mine Common Core Certification is an asset.
- Mine Hoist knowledge is an asset.
We Wish To Thank All Applicants For Their Interest and Effort In Applying For The Position; However, Only Candidates Selected For Interviews Will Be Contacted.