Position: Receptionist / Administrative Assistant
Status: Casual / Relief
Hourly Rate: $19.85 – $24.40
Reference #: ADM-0521-02
Reports to: Community Services Supervisor
Location: Sault Ste Marie
Posting Date: May 17, 2021
Closing Date: May 26, 2021 @ 4:30 pm
To provide relief administrative assistant services to Reception and to Clinical Services staff, on an as-needed basis.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
1. Relief Reception/Administrative Assistant duties, include the following:
a) Coordinating the office’s master telephone communications system, including the switchboard and paging system.
b) Directing calls to appropriate staff, as required.
c) Making calls, as required.
d) Soliciting specific information from individuals calling for services, as per the AFS Intake Procedures for Children’s and Adult Mental Health Services, and forwarding calls to appropriate Intake staff.
e) Greeting and receiving walk-in visitors and/or clients, and notifying appropriate staff of their arrival.
f) Keeping record (sign-in sheet) of incoming visitors to the agency.
g) Tracking staff calendars in order to provide appropriate response to clients.
h) All other duties associated with Reception/Administrative Assistance, as required.
2. Ensuring necessary documentation and materials are prepared in a timely fashion for required postal and courier pickup and delivery.
3. Providing clerical support such as:
a) maintaining client files for the assigned services, per agency policy and PHIPA standards;
b) typing, faxing and photocopying;
c) making travel and accommodation arrangements, as requested;
d) maintaining office supplies;
e) data entry and data management;
f) providing back-up to other Reception/ Administrative Assistant staff, as required.
4. Making appointments, as requested.
5. Coordinating and preparing meetings, as required, including necessary logistical arrangements (venue, meals, etc.).
6. Taking minutes of meetings, as required.
7. Preparing surveys, assessment and information packages for staff members, clients, and collaterals, as required by clinical staff.
8. Preparing forms, templates, surveys, assessment packages and general information packages for staff members, clients, and collaterals (this may include providing brief computer tutorials to staff, as required.
9. Working as a team member in conjunction with agency staff.
10. Assuming other responsibilities as assigned from time to time by the Manager / Supervisor.
PLEASE SEND YOUR COVER LETTER AND RESUME TO:
QUOTING REFERENCE # ADM-0521-02
This position falls within the bargaining unit represented by the OPSEU.
Algoma Family Services (AFS) encourages applications from all qualified candidates. AFS has a great record for accommodating persons with disabilities. Job candidates are encouraged to contact Human Resources, if they need
accommodation at any stage of the application process or want more information on our accommodation policies.