POST DATE: May 4, 2021
CLOSING DATE: May 14, 2021
TYPE OF EMPLOYMENT: Full Time Summer employment
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, or Sault Ste. Marie Innovation Centre, 99 Foster Drive, Level Six, Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario, P6A 5X6
The Sault Ste. Marie Innovation Centre is seeking Research Summer Students. This position is available from June to August and is a full time position.
Reporting to the SSMAMA Research Coordinator, the Research Summer Student will provide assistance to the SSMAMA medical staff conducting research (Researcher). The Research Summer Student will assist the Researcher by performing a number of non-administrative tasks which may include preparing resources, equipment, materials for research, documenting results, etc. The tasks are designed to provide the opportunity to learn proper research procedures and techniques.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The SSMAMA Researcher will identify the specific research objectives for the Research Summer Student during their employment. The assigned tasks can include:
- Researching and collecting data through complex techniques and procedures, library research, structured interviews or other project specific methodology.
- Interpreting, synthesizing and analysis of data.
- Scheduling, organizing and reporting on status of research activities.
- Planning and modifying research techniques, procedures, tests, equipment or software management.
- Writing and editing materials for publication and presentation.
- Meeting with SSMAMA Research and/or SSMAMA Research Coordinator on a regular basis to maintain ongoing communication regarding the quality of their performance.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Current enrollment in an undergraduate or graduate studies program with experience in a science related field.
- Tri-Council Policy Statement (TCPS2) certificate
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Good Clinical Practice (GCP) and Tri-Council Policy Statement (TCPS2) training.
- Knowledge of research studies and methodologies.
- Oral and written communication skills to discuss and document research progress.
- Ability to work independently, accurately, and to problem solve methodological or technical issues that arise during the course of the research.
- Ability to apply sound research techniques, methodology, and logical critical analysis.
- Strong organization and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrates proficiency with use of Microsoft Office suite applications including Excel and Access.
- Demonstrates working knowledge of basic computer equipment and multi-function devices.
- Displays strong initiative, establishing personal goals and taking responsibility for meeting them within defined timeline.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Sault Ste. Marie Innovation Centre
99 Foster Drive, Level Six
Sault Ste. Marie, ON P6A 5X6